At the library, we tend to meet all kinds of people from various walks of life – it is a great place for people with different interests and backgrounds to come together. Here is just a sampling of the fascinating people we might meet at the library:
- The cowboy who likes to read about alternative energy.
- The child reading “Mein Kampf” (in German, if he can find it).
- The kid who practically screams when he finds out we have Ninjago movies.
- The hipsters checking out Metropolis and Nosferatu because “modern film is just so mainstream” (Oh wait, that was me).
- The man who fell in love with reading while in prison, and needs a library card because now he can’t be without a book.
- The mother who brings her kids to a children’s event just to have an hour of peace. Smart woman!
- The patron so worried that we’ll judge her for her 30 cent fine that she has to pay it right now. (Really, don’t worry about it. We’ve all been there.)
- And of course, the plain ol’, everyday patron that’s just looking for a good book to read
What interesting people have you met in the library?