The purpose of this position is to provide service to a diverse community of library users. As a member of the service desk staff, the person in this front-line position is instrumental in forming our patrons’ first impressions of the library. This position reports to the Circulation Coordinator.
Basic Responsibilities include:
- Assists patrons in using the public access catalog and other library technology
- Assists patrons with reserves and interlibrary loan requests
- Checks and straightens the collection
- General supervision of the library building during evening and weekend shifts.
- Opens and closes the building according to schedule
- Performs basic circulation tasks such as checking in and out materials, placing holds, straightening the collection, processing new and renewal patron registrations, collecting payments, etc.
- Provides reference assistance, including reader’s advisory assistance and assisting patrons with local history or genealogy research
- Shelves books, magazines, and other library materials
- Strive to present a welcoming environment for the public
- Supervises library pages and assists with training new library pages on the shift
- Works effectively as part of the circulation desk team
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Two years of customer service experience preferred
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- A willingness to learn and take direction
- Ability to move quickly among duties
- Ability to relate well to co-workers and the public, both adults and children
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with staff and patrons in a positive manner
- Accountability to be present and on time for scheduled hours
- Basic knowledge of standard current technology (software, applications, platforms, devices) and ability to adapt to evolving technological environments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent customer service skills
- Keyboard and filing skills
- Use computer keyboards and read video display screens
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds.
This position operates mainly in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment. There will be some work outdoors assisting with programs and events and retrieving book returns.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time non-exempt position. Days and hours of work can vary and will include some evenings and weekends.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time without notice and may include other duties as assigned.
The McPherson Public Library provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
Revised April 2022
Mckenzie Murphy, Director
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential
functions and requirements of this position. This person may be requested to perform job-related
responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description. It also does not constitute an
employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.