The Board of Trustees of the McPherson Public Library held a special meeting on Thursday, May 7th to establish a tentative timeline for reopening the library. In an effort to ensure the library environment is as safe as possible for both its staff and our patrons, a new cleaning program will be initiated so that the library will be able open its doors to the public on June 15.
In the meantime, we want to remind our library patrons that they may continue to enjoy a multitude of library services and resources which are available even though the building is not currently open. These include:
• ReadStreet – Home delivery of books, audiobooks, and DVDs to McPherson residences.
• BookExpress – Home delivery of library materials for those McPherson residents with physical, medical, or driving limitations.
• Storytimes – The show goes on with special storytimes on our Youth Services YouTube channel (https://macpl.org/macpl-youtube-youth).
• Free Wi-Fi –Simply park or sit anywhere around the perimeter of the building and connect to our Free Wi-Fi service.
• RBdigital Video –Enjoy movies, television, concerts, and great courses on your TV, laptop, or mobile device.
• eAudiobooks – More people are discovering that audiobook downloads are a fun way to enjoy books, any time of the day or night, anywhere you go.
• eBooks – With several options from which to choose, eBook readers will always find a title worth checking out.
• Family History – Explore the many free family history resources available through our website.
• Local History – Take time to browse our digital collection of over 3,000 historic photographs of McPherson and the county – or explore all of our online local history resources.
• Online Learning – Study for a standardized test, learn a new language – the sky’s the limit!
• Databases – From business to literature and everything in between, our databases give you the accurate information you need.
• Summer Library Program – A pandemic won’t stop this annual program! Stay tuned for information on how to participate.
The best part is all of these services are free and waiting for you when you visit and explore our website at www.macpl.org. And don’t forget, the library staff is also available to assist you, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. at (620) 245-2570 – or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to seeing all of you as soon as it is safe!