Library open with reduced hours, services
We closed our doors on March 17 of this year, uncertain when we would be able to open again. While the virus continues to wax and wane, the Library Board, in consultation with health officials and others, has determined that it will be safe to reopen our doors on Monday, June 15. The library has completed a deep cleaning and will operate with reduced hours for summer, as well as limiting some services. We have made every effort to create an environment which minimizes risks for both library staff and patrons. This includes:
- Staff will wear masks and maintain a 6 foot distance with patrons.
- Patrons over the age of 5 are required to wear masks when in the bulding.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the service desk counters and around part of the children’s service desk.
- Door handles, counters, tables, carrels, keyboards, and mice will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Some chairs and computers have been removed or blocked to insure social distancing.
- Tactile objects, such as the light table and toys, have been temporarily removed from the children’s area.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the photocopier area, public computer area, and the service desks.
- All returned library materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before being made available for checkout.
- The McPherson Room will be available by appointment only. Usage will be limited to one person (or multiple members of the same household) at one time.
- The meeting room/gallery is closed.
- There will be no in-library events.
- As a reminder, our summer hours are as follows:
Monday – Wednesday: 9:00 – 6:00
Thursday: 9:00 – 8:00
Friday: 9:00 – 6:00
Saturday and Sunday: 2:00 – 5:00
All other library services and collections will be available. We have missed you and we look forward to seeing you!